Denton County Property Tax Appraisal
Denton County property owners hire O’Connor as their consultant of choice to represent them at Denton County Appraisal District because O’Connor:
- Knows the processes and people at Denton County Appraisal District.
- Compiles sales and unequal appraisal data consistent with the format expected by Denton County Appraisal District and the Denton County Appraisal Review Board.
- Represented more than 2,700 property owners at Denton County Appraisal District in 2009.
- Has represented Dallas Fort Worth Arlington property owners at Denton County Appraisal District hearings for more than 15 years.
Why choose O'Connor & Associates?
- No flat fees. No hidden costs.
- If we don't lower your taxes, you owe us NOTHING!
- Hire us, relax and save! You do not have to attend the hearing.
- We are the largest property tax protest firm in Texas!
- We reduced Texas property taxes by $88.5 million in 2009!
- We filed more than 164,000 protests throughout Texas in 2010!
- To sign up to protest your residential property, simply fill out the form on the left and our staff will contact you to get any additional information we need to fight for you!
Dallas Fort Worth Arlington home and business owners hire O'Connor & Associates for property tax appeals because of our results and aggressive attitude. Our property tax consultants understand the Denton Appraisal District. They also understand what information is expected to reduce Dallas Fort Worth Arlington property tax assessments.
Our staff achieves better results than is typical for most firms. The three primary reasons for our larger tax reductions are an aggressive attitude, well-trained staff and massive customized databases accessible by proprietary software. The databases have the fields of data relevant for Denton Appraisal District and Dallas Fort Worth Arlington property tax appeals. Our tax consultants are trained to attempt to reduce the assessed value of every property, every year. We attempt to reduce your property taxes for each property every year, even if the value did not change!
We have the expertise and the manpower to help you lower your property taxes. Our 50+ property tax experts have over 250 years of combined tax reduction expertise. In 2009, O'Connor & Associates filed more than 164,000 protests, effectively reducing our client's assessed values by almost $3.45 billion, cutting their taxes by over $88.5 million. We will aggressively pursue every legal avenue to protest and lower your taxes:
Appraisal Review Board (ARB) hearings
Even if your property is taxed for less than its market value, you could still be eligible for a property tax cut based on inequitable assessment compared to neighboring or competing properties. As the Texas leader in both administrative and judicial appeals on unequal appraisal, we have the knowledge, insight and resources to effectively appeal based upon unequal appraisal.
Hire O'Connor & Associates to appeal Dallas Fort Worth Arlington property taxes. You pay NOTHING unless we save you money! There are NO FLAT FEES or UPFRONT COSTS! We are motivated by an excellent alignment of interest to reduce your property taxes. May 31 is the deadline to protest most accounts. If you filed your own protest in Denton County, O'Connor & Associates can still represent you at your hearing.
Call Toll Free: 1-877-4-TAXCUT or e-mail our property tax department.
Top 11 Reasons Texas Property Owners Do Not Appeal Their Property Taxes
Property Tax- Frequent Questions
Property Tax- Less Frequently Asked Questions
Property Tax Myths
- I protested my property taxes last year and was successful. Does it make sense to consider appealing again this year?
Yes, property taxes should be appealed on an annual basis to ensure properties are not either excessively valued or unequally valued. Prior to the appraisal review board hearing, the appraisal district must provide evidence regarding its basis for valuing the property. In many cases, the appraisal districts evidence supports a reduction based on either market value or unequal appraisal.
- Does the value of my house decrease if I appeal my property taxes?
No, the assessed value and market value are independent of each other.
- It doesn't make sense to appeal my property taxes if my property is assessed for less than market value.
Not true. Using unequal appraisal, our property tax consultants can probably reduce your property taxes even if your assessed value is below market value. Unequal appraisal compares the assessed value of your property to the assessed value of similar properties. O'Connor & Associates is the market leader in developing and presenting unequal appraisal appeals. Our property tax consultants use proprietary computer programs, banks of server computers and massive databases to search for assessment comparables which document a lower assessed value for your property. Many, if not most, property tax appeals focus on unequal appraisal instead of market value.
- Does protesting my assessed value reduce the amount I can borrow?
No, loans are typically based upon the market value of your home and your credit.
- Since the assessed value/taxable value is less than market value, it is not worth protesting, right?
No. We appeal both market value and unequal appraisal.
- Do I have to attend the hearing?
No. O'Connor & Associates staff will file the protest and attend the hearing on your behalf.
Complete the property condition form with the size of your home and lot and information regarding problems with the house.
- Isn't it risky to appeal? What is the downside?
The value cannot be increased at the informal hearing, where most accounts are settled. The assessed value rarely increases at the ARB.
- The appraisal district will retaliate if I protest.
No. We filed over 120,000 appeals in 2007.
- Will the appraisal district inspect my house?
Not unless you tell the appraisal district that your house is smaller than they indicate and they need to measure it. The appraisal district is very busy during the property tax appeal season and simply does not have the staffing to measure thousands of houses.
- I don't have time to appeal!
Just call O'Connor & Associates. After a three-minute phone call, 877-4-TAX CUT, our property tax consultants and support staff will handle your appeal.